As a separate 501c3 nonprofit organization, The Friends of the Oak Park Public Library raise funds for the Oak Park Public Library.
- To become a Friend, choose an annual, tax-deductible membership level.
- To read a concise statement of the Friends' purpose and organizational structure, review the Friends' bylaws.
- To contact the Friends:
- Call: 708.697.6930
- Email: email@example.com
- Write: Friends of the Oak Park Public Library, P.O. Box 3655, Oak Park, Illinois 60303-3655
- To stay connected on social media, be sure to like the Friends on Facebook.
Become a Friend of the Oak Park Public Library
Since 1948, the Friends have built valuable bridges between the Oak Park Public Library and our community. Join the Friends through an annual, tax-deductible membership. And tell us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to give in someone else's honor, and if you work for a company that participates in employee matching gifts (also known as matching funds).
- Patron Members ($25-$49): Receive an early/free admission to the Annual Book Fair at any membership level.
- Donor Members ($50-$99): Be listed in the library’s annual report, and the benefit listed above.
- Benefactor Members ($100-$499): Receive priority seating at Friends events, and all benefits listed above.
- Sustaining Members ($500-$999): Be named on a bookplate in a library volume, and all benefits listed above.
- Scoville Circle Members ($1,000+): Be recognized on a library plaque, enjoy an exclusive behind-the-scenes tour of the Main Library, and all benefits listed above.
How does my annual membership support literacy and learning in Oak Park?
Your annual Friends membership helps Oak Parkers in multiple ways. Funds raised support a love of reading through targeted programs. Memberships also connect community, bringing free, engaging events for all ages to Oak Park, including:
- The Annual Book Fair, typically scheduled for a summer weekend during the end of July or the beginning of August.
- The Barbara Ballinger Lecture, typically held every October, features an accomplished author to recognize the former head librarian's many years of dedicated service to the library and the Oak Park community.
- Folk Music Concert Series, typically held each spring and fall, featuring talented musicians at free public performances.
When do the Friends meet?
Typically the Friends Board of Trustees meets on the fourth Mondays of most months at 7:30 pm in the Main Library Scoville Room.
2018 Board Meetings
- January 22 - Agenda | Minutes
- March 19 - Annual Meeting
- May 21 - Agenda | Minutes
- June 18 - Agenda | Minutes
- June 20 - Pre-Book Fair Thank You Pizza Party
- August 20 - Agenda | Minutes
- September 12 - Post-Book Fair Potluck Dinner
- October 15 - Agenda | Minutes
- November 26 - Agenda | Minutes
2017 Board Meetings
- January 23 Agenda | Minutes
- March 20 Annual Meeting Agenda | Minutes
- May 15 Agenda | Minutes
- June 19 Agenda | Minutes
- August 21 Agenda | Minutes
- September 13 Agenda | Minutes Post-Book Fair Potluck Dinner
- October 16 Agenda | Minutes
- November 20 Agenda | Minutes
Who leads the Friends?
- Terry Vanderwell, President
- Paul Koko, Vice President
- Denise Roser, Treasurer
- Doris Adamczewski, Secretary
- Paul Buchbinder
- Jane Bularzik
- Doug Deuchler
- Eileen Kleps
- Joe Larscheid
- Janet Kelenson
- Mary Anne Mohanraj
- David Seleb
- Chet Taranowski